Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in 'I'm Pure for Sure'

In my quarterly favourites, you saw how much I love my Missha BB cream and Lancôme Teint Idole foundation. In that post, I hinted at another foundation love and this is it- Benefit Hello Oxygen Wow!

I bought this foundation from the Benefit website without swatching it in person. I will never do that again; however, I chose very well! In fact, I got the shade closest to my skin. Score!

I really like the packaging. Prior to the perfect foundation hunt, the bottles I had did not have pumps. You just poured them out and as a result I wasted a lot. I don't think I would ever buy another foundation without a pump. It also just looks really good.


The shade I purchased was 'Ivory- I'm Pure 4 Sure.' From my research, this was the lightest, pinkest shade. I should note that from my experience, all the foundations lean towards the yellow side. This typically wouldn't be great for me, but it works and I think part of that is because the coverage is so light. I prefer foundations with light to medium coverage; however, lately my skin has been acting up on my chin and sadly this foundation doesn't cover them as well as the BB cream or Lancôme.

I apply this with my fingers. I haven't had too much success applying with a brush, but I also don't feel the need to apply with a brush. The foundation just glides onto your skin. It is quite thin and extremely light weight

It blends in really nicely

This foundation feels great on my skin and it provides a slightly dewy finish. Nothing too extreme though. Even with my combination/oily skin, I only have to powder or blot once (maybe twice if it is a bad day) during the day. I do set it with powder. I also love how it has SPF 25, which is fantastic.

I adore this foundation. It is great for everyday and I think it would suit most skin types. However, if you have really oily skin, this may not be too long lasting for you.

What I Like:
- The packaging
- How light weight it feels
- The shade match (decent range of shades)
- Great for everyday
- Slightly dewy finish

What I Don't Like:
- There really isn't a pink shade among the range
- Doesn't completely control oil

Overall, I really like this foundation. It is very natural looking and I would definitely repurchase this unless I find something better in my quest for the perfect foundation.

12 comments:

  1. That sounds nice, it would probably suit my skin better in the winter months :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite nice. I am very happy with it.

      Delete
  2. I love this foundation! I use the colour Honey and its the prfect match! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this too as my everyday foundation (though I switch it up with a Neutrogena one I have, as well as a mix of Rimmel Wake Me Up and Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum). It has a nice finish, decent coverage, goes on smoothly and is very lightweight, though I do find the lasting power/oil control isn't as impressive as it could be. But still, I'm pretty pleased with it. I think the shade I picked is a bit too yellow-leaning for me though (I wear Cheers to Me Champagne).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was a bit better at controlling oil, but it is much better than some of the foundations I have tried. I am really struggling with Nars Sheer Glow at the moment.

      Delete
  4. I've never tried this... or even looked at it instore! i think I might have to give it a chance, I love the sound of it :D xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try! It's a lovely foundation!

      Delete
  5. Love natural looking foundations, this sounds lovely, but I'm more pink toned, so I might have trouble finding foundation

    A little bit Unique - Blog

    x

    Oh, also I'd love if you'd vote for me in the Company blog awards, best fashion - newcomer, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pink toned too. Sadly, you probably will have difficulty finding a match. If you're really fair skinned, 'I'm Pure 4 Sure' could work.

      Delete
  6. I really like this foundation too but I agree with the lack of undertones available on the market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame really that there aren't more available.

      Delete